The Hidden Power - system thinking podcasts
Why is it so hard to get things in government to work well, will real civil service reform ever happen, and is the political party competition the answer? There is massive contrast between most people’s perception of power in government, and the way it actually works. Politics and the government ‘machine’ point in one direction, effective power usually lies in another.
This is the substance of the first series of The Hidden Power podcast, and we have welcome contributions from:
- Eileen Munro, Author of The Munro Review into Child Protection
- Julian Corner, CEO of Lankelly Chase, the philanthropic foundation
- John Naughton, Tech columnist at The Observer Newspaper
- Pirate Tōnurist, Systems Thinking Lead at the OECD’s OPSI
- My journey to realising the truth about power
- Why ‘power’ doesn’t work
- What effective change looks like: systems thinking
- How it works: Frome and Shaldon
Episode 1 is due out on October 10th.