System leadership - what does it mean to lead a system?
Benjamin will give a flying overview and critique some perspectives on 'system(s) leadership', including:
- collaborative leadership and influencing models
- living systems
- 'whole systems' and large group methods
- systems leadership theory
- Barry Oshry's power+systems approach
- adaptive leadership
- leading in complexity
- approaches based on behavioural and cognitive insights
- approaches based on the viable systems model (and Patrick Hoverstadt's forthcoming 'patterns of strategy')
He will frame his own synthesis of some of the above and facilitate a working session on 'what does it mean to lead a system?'